Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 26 - Doing the dab...







Apparently this is the new dance move called the dab so we did a dab zone picture. This is the old zone though when I was in Faleasiu.






There are countless waterfalls in our area. Below it is the school and that's what most of the schools look like. I'm sending more pictures because we're emailing in the office and I can take advantage of the free internet.






I have the biggest crush on this little girl. She's very cute!


So this week was good. We had good lessons with Mutaaga and Daniel (our baptisms this Saturday). District meeting went well this week. The lesson turned out a lot better than I thought it would be. I talked about Luke chapter 15 which teaches about the parables of the lost sheep, the lost coin, and the prodigal son. I focused on the part that happens after they find the thing that was lost...that they rejoice and party and even kill the fatted calf. I connected that to D&C 18: 15,16 and D&C 15:6 about how missionary work is the best work to do on this earth.

On Sunday we went to church in Uafato where the chapel has no walls. I got distracted watching the ocean because it backs up right to the ocean so that was cool. The church is so strong in Fagaloa. There probably aren't over 150 people in that village and over 100 attended church. Two youth also received their mission calls to Hamilton, New Zealand and Melbourne, Australia.  I just think it's so awesome how strong the church is in a place like this.

We have two baptisms this week and the branch doesn't have a baptismal font so I was thinking (hoping!!!) we might do it in the ocean.  That would be my dream but I think we'll end up doing it at the other chapel where the ward is so I was kinda bummed to hear that.

I've had to do my laundry out of buckets since being in Fagaloa but it's not that bad. My clothes aren't as clean but it'll get me through.

I have no time cause were busy in the office again so have a great week!






This is the car we drive...of all times and places to become a soccer mom I never thought it would happen on my mission in Samoa...ha! ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment