Wednesday, June 22, 2016

8 day sinus headache...& going to Uafato





My Samoan driver's license....



This week not much happened because I was sick but it was still good.  I had a bad sinus headache for about 8 days and it's finally better...



The new thing we have to do if we're sick is call straight to the mission president. Tuesday had been about day 4 with the headache and it wasn't getting any better. So I called predsident and told him what was going on and he said he was going to come out to us. We're about an hour and a half away from the office. It was funny because then he called and asked if I wanted anything, like McDonalds or anything like that and I said no thanks because I wasn't hungry. Then my companion asked who it was and I told him and then he grabbed the phone and called president and said he wanted some Burger Bills (a fast food place here in Samoa that is NOT good.) The mission president, President Hannemann and his wife got to our house around 9 and gave me some medicine. They had to stay and wait to see if I had any bad reactions to the medicine. Sister Hannemann insisted on having my feet rubbed. She said it helps with headaches. So she made one of the AP's (Assistant to the President) rub my feet.  President was on the phone outside and then came in and then he rubbed my feet too. Not what I was expecting to happen but it did... The APs also gave me a blessing. I may not have gotten better from the blessing but I definitely felt peace and comfort and knew things would soon get better. I'm so grateful for the priesthood.



Wednesday and Thursday we didn't do anything because my head still hurt really badly.



Friday my head wasn't feeling any better but we had zone conference so we went and it was good. We talked about different things from "Preach my Gospel" that I think will really help us.



Saturday the headache was finally gone!! We went to Uafato. When you think about the ends of the earth, Uafato is that. It is a tiny village so far from everything but there are people there and almost all of them are members of the church! We went with a kid who is waiting to receive his mission call. He is super cool. It took us about three hours to visit all the families in the village. We have one investigator there and we met him and set a time to meet with him this week. 



Sunday we went to the branch for church and taught a lesson to our investigators who attended church that day. They got married on Friday last week. A big challenge here in Samoa is when we have a couple that wants to get baptized but they aren't married.   Now that they are married, it makes things so much easier. They will be getting baptized on the 2nd of July which is so great.  Time goes so quickly and I can't believe it's almost July!



Everything is great here on the lava rock!   Miss you all!!



alofa atu

-elder tana











Elder Tuimauga, Elder Anderson who just went home (his sister is the one married to Coach Littlewood's son), and Sister Hannemann. Good times trying to get better and getting  my feet rubbed.













This is where they have church in Uafato. I think it's sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment