Tuesday, April 4, 2017

March 14, March 21, & March 28 - bits & pieces and technical difficulites with the photos...



Last week from Justin was brief except for wishing Morgan and Luke a happy birthday. 

Here is what we got on 3/14... I have no time to email today and had to get back to the wharf to catch the 4pm boat to go to Apia for a zone leader meeting.  The week was good, we had a baptism & marriages, but since we've been super busy, we haven't had any time to teach people.  One baptism is scheduled for this week and one next...but things are really good.  Oh and we started a Sunday school at the village of the photo I sent last week of the sand and the ocean.  That is where we have our Sunday school right on the beach!  It's less people than a branch but 31 people came.  The only thing we need is worthy priesthood and we're close.  I presided and my companion conducted...pretty cool!  But I have to go....

(We are having some technical issues with getting the photos posted on the blog for some reason, so hopefully we can get that fixed.)


3/21/17
So this week was good. 


We didn't have our baptism because someone he's related to passed away Saturday morning so we rescheduled it for this Saturday. When someone dies in Samoa it consumes everyone's time for a whole week.  In Samoan a funeral is called a Fa'alavelave which translates to a disturbance or interruption.


We have another investigator getting baptized this Saturday and our whole zone will have a total of 7 which is pretty good for our part of the mission.


The Sunday School we're doing is going well. There aren't a whole lot of people who come but it's a really awesome experience.  My companion and I spoke. I gave about a 15 minute talk on repentance in Samoan and I prepared it the night before and it went pretty well.  The people down there are super nice.  My companion conducted again and I presided. This Sunday I think it's my turn to conduct.  I think we can get it to a branch before my mission is done if I finish here which I would really like to do.


Sunday and Monday we did a split with the new AP's  - Elder Tai Lesa and Elder Reid.  We spent time visiting the missionaries in our zone and doing visits.  We found some new people that we hope to baptize in the next month.


Next week is General Conference but we probably won't get it until the week after...


Things are going great here backside Savaii.  Alofa atu ia te outou uma!!

3/28/17 - no email, only a couple photos but we can't figure out how to get them on the blog...still working on it!!!


(We are really hoping we get a little more information from his emails in April!)

No comments:

Post a Comment