Wednesday, January 13, 2016

January 10, 2016



Talofa Lava!

A lot happened this week. I'll start with what happened in the last couple hours.
Transfers are this week and my companion and I both had a feeling at least one of us was going to get transferred. We were supposed to get a call from the zone leaders Sunday night but they never called. We called them again this morning and they still didn't know what was happening. Then President Hannemann called. I got kinda nervous and then he said he wanted to talk to me and I knew exactly what he was going to ask.

He has called me to be a trainer!! I'm going to be with a brand new missionary and I still consider myself an extremely new missionary. It was a really good phone call and he mentioned how young Joseph Smith was when he was called to restore the gospel and how David was able to slay Goliath when he was so young. I know its going to be really hard since I'm no David, but I'm going to grow so much in every way. I'm really excited to get started.

We had two baptisms this Saturday. I don't know if I mentioned this last week, but Tinei's wife was already a member of the church. So we had two baptisms instead of three. Tinei is awesome. He has been receiving the lessons since May. I don't know what was different, but something changed in him. He stopped having doubts and his testimony grew so fast. He's already a priest!

Our other baptism was with a 15-year-old girl. We had turned off the baptismal font at the right depth earlier in the day. Then we found out they were doing Primary baptisms too, so they let some water out and the font was really low. I performed the baptism and I'm glad she was able to get all the way under the water the first time -  ha ha.

This is going to be an extremely interesting week and I cant wait to get it started!  I'm sure I'll have lots of news next week.

Hope all is well! Manuia le vaiaso!

Alofa atu outou

Elder Tana



Tinei and his family

No comments:

Post a Comment