Wednesday, February 15, 2017

An unexpected transfer and now a zone leader in Savaii...Tuesday, February 14th

"Just thinking about how cool Samoa is..."

From mom:  Yeah!!!  We finally heard from Justin again.  He was transferred to Savai'i and now has his "p-day" (personal day) on Wednesday, which is Tuesday for us.  It was great to get so many photos and read about how happy he is in his new area.

Since this last week has been so crazy, I'm just gonna start from last  Wednesday....

So we got the transfer calls last Sunday and I was going to stay in my area and train a new missionary. Wednesday we had the training meeting and things were going really well. Then, president called me and another Samoan elder who I'm familiar with and he sat us down. The first thing he did was invite Elder Sa'u (the elder next to me in the photo of the two of us) to say a prayer. When that happens, hearts usually start pounding...After the prayer,  president says, "We're gonna make a change. We need zone leaders in Savai'i. Savai'i West Zone. Faiaai is your area."  We were so excited!   Elder Sa'u (now my companion) is from my first area which I served in for 8 months. Then later, we were together again in Tutuila for 4 months. 

After that happened, we rushed to my house and cleaned up my clothes and got things ready to pack up and leave.  We had to hurry to get to the last boat that goes to Savaii. Luckily, it's only an hour boat ride.

"How we do transfers in Samoa"

We got there and found out that the zone leaders who were there before us and were getting transferred crashed the car pretty badly.  Our area is super far away from the wharf so we took the other zone leaders' car and did transfers for two zones.  It was a very long day.

The next day we had to get up at three in the morning to take elders to the boat that leaves at 6 in the morning.  That's just one example of how far away from everything we are.  Then we had to wait for the elders coming to Savai'i from Upolu.  The boat was supposed to get to the wharf around 1p but didn't arrive until 4.  So we were stuck at the wharf all day which was pretty boring.  Then we finally dropped the missionaries off, got home, and slept.

Friday we once again had to get up at three in the morning to take two elders to the wharf who were finishing up their missions.  Then we had to go do baptismal interviews for the zone.  We ended up setting up a marriage to take place the next day on top of the baptism.

Saturday we did more interviews, got the wedding done, and attended the baptism all of which were really great.  A very productive day!

Sunday was church and I got the opportunity to introduce myself to the ward.  We are currently covering 5 wards which is over half the stake.  So I'll be introducing myself a lot more this upcoming month...
Monday, before we were able to go do some lessons, we had to do another transfer that ended up taking us around all of Savaii.  It was super sweet and incredibly beautiful, but pretty long and took us about 4 hours.  Then we finally had the opportunity to get out and do some visits.

 "Our Zone"
 "Me and the Prez"

Tuesday we had a zone meeting with president which was awesome. We talked about the Book of Mormon and how all those we teach have to be reading it.

Wednesday, today, P-day, we had to once again get up at three to take reports and baptismal papers to missionaries going to Upolu.  Then we did some shopping. 

So as you can is super busy but I LOVE IT!!!

 Me and Elder Sa'u

No comments:

Post a Comment