Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year 2017!



Upolu


Talofa mai Satapuala! This week has been crazy but also really good. 



Even though I got transferred, leaving Tafuna wasn't as hard as usual.  I guess I'm getting used to it and I'm really excited to head back to Upolu.  It was hard to say goodbye to our baptism from last week.  She is so cool.  I gave her my facebook so when I get back, we'll stay in touch.



We flew to Upolu Wednesday and crossed the date line.  I am no longer in American Samoa and it was only a 25 minute flight. Then I stayed with elders in an area for the night and then the next morning we went to the office to get my trainee. We had training meetings with the president and APs. Then we headed to our areas. As we were driving, the APs called and made a fa'afuase'i change. I'm no longer training (after a lot of training) but I am going to be companions with a native from Savai'i. 



When we got to the area, we went and met with the ward members. The ward is awesome. There are a lot of youth we've been able to do splits with who are preparing for missions.



The area we're in currently doesn't have a house that we can live in because before we got here, the other missionaries covered other wards with missionary houses.  Since we've only been assigned this ward, we are currently working on finding a house.  Right now we are living with a family that is outside our area.  There is a small house at the back of the chapel that only has four poles holding it up, so we are really pushing to see if they can get it walled so that we could live there.  It's so much better when we are able to live close to the chapel. 

It's going to be pretty cool to be in this area because there haven't been missionaries here for a while.
We got the bishopric action list yesterday and there are 23 people who aren't baptized in the church computer plus a few others that are in the area book so LOTS of work to do. Super excited.



Fagaloa

 The road in fagaloa that we drove on all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment