Friday, December 11, 2015


Hey everyone!



This week was really good. I'm so grateful for all of the people we're teaching and seeing them come unto Christ and make the changes in their lives for the better is so satisfying. One thing I thought about before coming on my mission, and I don't know why, was that everyone in Samoa would have already talked with the missionaries. There aren't that many people here so I figured everyone would have already accepted or rejected the gospel. Man am I wrong. When we ask people on the street if they have met with the missionaries they more often say no then yes. I know that I am either planting the seed or helping it grow. Either way, I know I'm here for a specific reason to teach specific people.

On Wednesday, we went out with our ward mission leader to do some visits.  While we were out, he told my companion and me that he wants us to do an umu. That's when you put the pig in the ground to cook it and everything. He wants us to kill the pig, clean it, take all the intestines and stuff out, then put it in the ground and cook it. One, I don't want to kill a pig and second, I know for a fact I would throw up everywhere taking all the intestines out.  We'll see how this proceeds.



We got about 20 free mangos and 7 free pineapples from member families so we've been eating a lot of fruit. When we don't have fruit its ramen for breakfast and lunch and then hopefully a good fafaga.



I couldn't fall asleep one night because my mosquito bites were pretty itchy. I decided to count them and I have 71 total mosquito bites. The mosquitoes are savage. They bite through socks during visits. The ones on my feet are the worst because my shoe rubs against them and they itch all day. I have gotten really good at just grabbing them with my hand and killing them.



The scripture I want to leave you guys with this week is the scripture I use a lot for spiritual thoughts during lessons. It's 1 Nifae 7:12.


 12: Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things‍ according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith‍ in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.



Have faith and he'll make up the rest!!!



Love you all!


 A typical dinner.  Those are boiled bananas and taro with coconut cream on the left. 
The people are always so giving.


A picture with a member of our ward who is preparing to serve a mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment