Friday, September 25, 2015

Week 3 - MTC



 

 
 
I can't believe it's already been almost three weeks. This week went so fast. 

It is getting hard to think of new things to talk about because every day is basically the same. Breakfast then class, lunch then class, then dinner and class with 45 minutes of gym time thrown in.
 
For gym time I play volleyball. There are a lot of Polynesians in our zone so playing volleyball with them is super fun cause they're really good and they get into it. It sucks we only get 45 minutes a day though.

 In the other Samoan district there is an Elder from Tonga going to Samoa. He only spoke Tongan when he got to the MTC so he had to learn English and Samoan.  To learn the languages, he'll get a Tongan, Samoan, and English  "Preach my Gospel" book, read the Tongan one then the Samoan one and then the English one and will understand it.  It's crazy, we can carry out conversations in English and he understands it. I wish that happened to me.

 The lessons we've been giving in Samoan with no notes to investigators have been getting better. I just have to memorize so much and I know I wouldn't be able to do it without a lot of prayer. The language is very slowly getting better.

I'm excited for General Conference next weekend because that means no class for 11 hours. I'll definitely be able to focus more on what the speakers say and I think it's cool that I'll be in the MTC when it happens.
 I do miss my music. Church music is growing on me but it's still no Royal Blood or Cage the Elephant. 
I heard one group of new missionaries got picked up at the airport in Samoa (they get picked up in a big van) and there were a bunch of huge Samoans listening to NWA in the van - I thought that was funny. I think it would make my transition a little easier to see them having fun and messing around a little bit. 
 
I found a scripture that describes the food here at the MTC perfectly Jeremiah 4:19 and 20

 19 My bowels, my bowels! I am pained at my very heart; my heart maketh a noise in me; I cannot hold my peace, because thou hast heard, O my soul, the sound of the trumpet, the alarm of war.

 20 Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the wholeland is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment. 

After attending the temple we go get breakfast at the cafeteria there.  It's one of the main highlights of my week. 
I just know that if I keep working hard and doing my part the Lord will fill in all the missing parts. I'm so grateful to be where I am but I'm ready for Samoa

Love Elder Sitana

No comments:

Post a Comment